Hey Lovelies, recently I posted about going vegetarian and the tips and tricks I had learnt from going vegetarian the first time! I thought I could give you all a couple fun recipes that are totally delicious, simple, easy and Vegetarian!
Sweet Potato Fries
This is my go-to recipe when I don’t know exactly what to add as a side to my meal. They are delicious and easy to make.
Time: 30 mins
– 2 Sweet Potatoes
– 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
– 1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
– Salt & Pepper (pinch of each)
1. Peel and wash the sweet potatoes. Cut them into fry-like strips.
2. Place the sweet potato strips into a ziplock bag (or large ziplock container)
3. Add the olive oil, chilli powder, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Shake
4. Place the fries on aluminum foil covered pans
5. Place in 425oF oven for 15 mins. Check fries after 15 mins, flip if needed, then place back for another 10-15 mins.
Easy Cold Rice Salad
This recipe was actually a fluke! I had a bunch of leftover rice after making a veggie fried rice recipe and decided to use the leftovers to make a rice salad.
-leftover rice (around 4 cups)
-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
-1 cup Edamame’s
-1/4 cup chopped red onion
-1 Tbsp chopped parsley
1. Use leftover rice or cook rice and let cool in the refrigerator.
2. Mix rice with olive oil and add seasoning like salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add in the onion, edamame’s and parsley.
Fruit popsicles are a super easy snack for everybody to make and eat, plus they’re healthy!
-Fruit juice of choice
-Frozen or Fresh Fruit
-Popsicle Mold (or super small Tupperwares)
-popsicle sticks (or plastic spoons)
1. Pour juice into the molds or small containers
2. Add in the frozen or fresh fruit like raspberries, kiwi and so on.
3. Place the popsicle sticks or plastic spoons into the molds or containers and place in the freezer until it solidifies
Simple Edamame Salad
This is a salad I’ve come back to SOOO many times when it comes to lunches. It’s pretty much an improvisation!
- Pick your base whether that’s rice, quinoa, couscous…
- Add vegetables (as many as you like!)
In this salad I had put red peppers, onions & edamame’s
- Add dressing if you want!
This is honestly pure improvisation but my preference is putting edamame’s because I absolutely love the taste (mostly in salads) and they’re a great source of nutrients.